Pride? or life?

If anyone of you has ever read the Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini, you would know the line that follows the next. But if you haven’t, the line is self-explanatory and you don’t need to worry about it being related to the story. “Dying for your beliefs actually pretty common. It’s living and suffering for what you believe in that takes courage.” This line inspired me and if there was something I believed in, I would not give up and wait for my time to put my belief forward. But then, I agree, there would be times when I had to live according to rules/norms which would completely defy my beliefs. But then, earlier this month, I got this line from a friend of mine which he has completely taken to. It’s from the popular anime series Dragon Ball Z. I went over to www.youtube.com and saw the video and it proved to be equally inspiring. Vegeta, a super-saiyian (class of characters from Dragon Ball Z), was captured by Babidi, the greatest wizard in the series, but he resists and says, “You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyain always keeps...his PRIDE!!!”

Haha! Too inspiring, both of them. But I have no idea as to what to believe in anymore. He would have killed himself had he not had the strength to oppose the power that had captured him. But that’s not the case in real life. You don’t always have the strength. You don’t always have a chance. What do you keep in that case : bide your time to come back later, or in short, your life….or your Pride?

No comments: